The 2013 USA Sports Participation Survey, conducted by the National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA), gives us a little insight:
- 21.8 million Americans played billiards in 2012, up from 20 million in 2011.
- People of all ages play billiards, but the majority (13 million) is between 18 and 44 years old.
- Most of us (50.6 percent) are occasional billiards players, which means we play anywhere between five and 29 times each year.
- Billiards players are everywhere in the United States!
- Biggest billiards playing population: 4 million players in the south Atlantic (Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia and District of Columbia)
- Tied for runner-up: With 3.3 million players, the east north central (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin) and Pacific (California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Hawaii) regions
- And in third place: 3.1 million players in the west south central region (Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas)