The goal with billiard lighting is to not only eliminate shadows from the playing area, but also to create a warm and calm atmosphere surrounding your pool table. We want to make sure that you can achieve both, so let’s take a look at some of our lighting tips:
- Make sure the light will cover the entire table
- Complement your game room’s décor with a great design – whether it’s a statement fixture or a piece that blends subtly with your design
- Hang the lights at optimal height
- Between 31” and 33” from the top of your table
- Pick the right bulb
- Try out both a 40 watt and 60 watt bulb.
- Most light systems can withstand a 60 watt bulb, but they are known to make the top of the lamp too hot. If this is the case, try out the 40 watt bulb.
- Brightness is also a factor when installing bulbs. If a 60 watt bulb is too bright, it can create a glare and irate your eyes, but if a 40 watt bulb is too dim it can affect your depth perception.
- Proper installation is key
- We recommend hiring a professional to wire your lighting, but if you do decide to install it yourself, make sure to read the do’s and don’t’s
What’s your favorite pool table light fixture design? Let us know!