It’s Masters Week, which means everyone has golf on the mind. We’ve already discussed why putting is so important in your game (and can win or lose you that green jacket), but what are some of the best putting tips from the pros out there that can help you sink every putt?
- “Half of golf is fun; the other half is putting.” –Peter Dobereiner
- “LEAD WITH YOUR LEFT: If you shot a free throw with your right hand only, you’d realize you need your left hand as a guide. The same is true on the greens” – Dave Stockton for Golf Digest
- “Aim the putter, then align your body.” –Tom Watson
- “Putting with one hand improves your ability to sink them with two.” –Jackie Burke
- “Look at all your putts, not only from behind the hole, but from a 90-degree angle. The angle behind the hole will help you see the slope from side to side, but from 90 degrees, you’ll get a better idea of the distance and elevation change of your putts.” – Randy Chang
- “Practice, practice, practice” –Everyone you’ve most likely ever met
- “If you drink, don’t drive. Don’t even putt.” — Dean Martin