Foosball is not a game of luck or chance, it takes more skill that Joey and Chandler would lead you to believe. We’ve outlined five tips to take your foosball game to the next level. First stop, the game room, next stop? World Championship.
- Vary your defensive movements and patterns. This will distract your opponent and prevent them from finding a pattern in where the holes in your defense are, keep those guys moving!
- Learn to “catch” the foosball. Being able to catch the foosball gives you a chance to reset and take control over that play so you can assess the table and make the goal. It is ideal to tilt your man at about a 35 degree angle to successfully master the catch.
- Keep a loose grip on the handles, a rookie is mistake is to have the handles in a death grip. A loose grip allows for maximum speed and movement.
- Know your serve. Rolling the ball down gives you a 50/50 shot of winning the “toss” but if you learn how to spin it straight to your five midfielders, you’ve got victory in your future. This is a trick that requires time and practice, so have some patience with yourself as your serve improves.
- Move your two defense bars as a unit, moving them out of sync allows for larger gaps and easier opportunities for your opponent to score.
Need more tips? Check out these helpful blogs too: